Baklava without sugar
- Total Time: 130'
- Yield: 25 μερίδες 1x
Baklava is definitely a high-calorie dessert. This baklava made without sugar, using honey and olive oil, is very easy to make, retains its crispness, and is delicious with less calories.
- 450 gr. Beirut-type filo sheets
- 400 gr. walnut pieces
- 1 tbsp. Ceylon CINNAMON
- 1/2 tbsp. clove powder
- 3/4 cup warm olive oil
- 1 cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 160 C.
- Grease a large baking tray with olive oil. Spread out 3 filo sheets, brushing each with a little olive oil.
- Spread the remaining filo in successive layers alternating each with filling, and lightly brushing each filo sheet with oil.
- Cover with the last 3 filo sheets, cut the baklava in diamond shapes and pour the remaining warm olive oil on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 50΄.
- Once baked, take it out of the oven and pour the honey over it. Leave for at least 1 hour before cutting.
Be careful not to burn the top leaves during baking.
Honey contains antioxidants and may be used as a sugar substitute. Bear in mind, though, that it is high in calories and natural sugars and therefore should be consumed with caution by diabetics.
- Prep Time: 20'
- Cook Time: 50'
- Serving Size: 1 μερίδα
- Calories: 259
- Sugar: 11,8 gr
- Fat: 17,5 gr
- Carbohydrates: 24,1 gr
- Fiber: 1 gr
- Protein: 4,1 gr