A leek and minced meat pie is hard to resist, so our healthier recipe contains much less fat. It has a rich filling that combines meat and vegetables and could constitute a main meal.
If you like leek and minced meat pie, then try our minced meat pie with wholemeal filo pastry or the individual whole grain pies of Elpida Charalambidou .
Χρόνος Μαγειρέματος: 55
Χρόνος Εκτέλεσης: 1 και 35
- 6 leeks sliced, (just the white part)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 600 gr. lean minced beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp. cumin powder
- 1/2 tbsp. dry coriander powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- salt-freshly ground pepper
- 700 gr. filo pastry (ideally country-style “horiatiko filo)
- 150 gr. olive oil for drizzling
- 2 tbsp.
- Sesame seeds
- To make the filling of the leek pie, heat 4 tbsp. olive oil in a wide pot over medium heat. Saute the chopped onion for 1 ‘.
- Add the leeks and stir lightly. Leave them to soften for 7′-8 ‘, periodically shaking the pot to keep the leeks in shape.
- Add the minced meat to the pot, break it up with the help of a fork or spoon so that no large pieces remain and sauté for 4′-5 ‘until it changes color.
- Add the spices and broth.
- Let the mixture simmer for 10 ‘on low heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and add them to the mixture for the pie.
- Preheat a fan-oven to 170. C
- Lightly grease a large oven baking tray.
- Spread the first sheet of filo and drizzle with olive oil.
- Repeat the process with half the filo pastry from the package.
- Spread the filling evenly over the filo and then repeat the process of spreading the remaining filo.
- We wrap the leaves that are left on the sides inwards, smearing them with olive oil. Tuck the left over filo pastry inward round the pan and brush with olive oil.
- Brush the top of the pie with olive oil, sprinkle with sesame seeds and cut into 12 pieces.
For more flavor, add a little chopped mint or dill to the mixture.
All types of pies increase sugar in diabetics, so if possible, prefer those with wholemeal filo pastry.