Combine okra with mushrooms, carrots and zucchini and create a dish very rich in fiber and vitamins.
Χρόνος Προετοιμασίας: 40′
Χρόνος Μαγειρέματος: 40′
Χρόνος Εκτέλεσης: 40′
- 500 gr. frozen okra
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 chopped spring onions
- 1 clove of garlic mashed (optional)
- 250 gr. mushrooms cut into small pieces
- 2 carrots cut into cubes
- 1 zucchini cut into cubes
- 400 gr. mashed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 organic vegetable cube
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp. thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 3-4 grains of allspice
- salt-freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Rinse and drain the okra without defrosting.
- Heat the olive oil over medium to high heat and sauté the onion and spring onions. Add the garlic and then the mushrooms and let them drain.
- Add the tomato pulp and sauté for 2΄. Gradually add the carrots, okra and zucchini.
- Add the tomato purée, sugar, water, in which we have dissolved the cube, and thyme, bay leaf, allspice, salt and pepper.
- Lower the heat and cover. Let it simmer for about 30΄ and leave to rest in its sauce. Add the parsley.
During cooking, do not stir the okra, but shake the pot so that it does not lose its shape and drain the sticky liquid.
Okra contains fiber, potassium, vitamins B, C and folic acid. Research shows it is beneficial to diabetes.