A very tasty, healthy and nutritious fish soup with lots of vegetables is ideal for winter. If you do like soups, try the soup with beetroot and hazelnuts recipe.
Published on 30/06/2020 | By filitsa |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Ready in :
- 00h 01m
- 1-1.2 kg of cod or any other fish for soup
- 80 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 potatoes cut into small cubes
- 1 pepper, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup (110 g) carolina rice or sticky white rice
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- Salt, freshly chopped pepper
- 2 eggs
- juice of 1 1/2 lemons
- Clean the fish and cut it into large pieces.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, boil the fish in 2 liters of salted water for 10 '.
- Carefully remove and strain the broth so that it does not contain any fish bones.
- In the same saucepan over medium heat, heat the olive oil and sauté the onion for 3 '.
- Add the chopped carrots, stir and sauté for another 1΄-2΄.
- Add the pepper and zucchini and sauté for 2΄-3΄.
- Pour a little of the fish broth into the pot, about 100 ml and add the potatoes. Bring to a boil and add the fish broth and rice.
- Simmer for 20΄ until the vegetables and rice are soft.
- Add the fish and celery and let them boil for 10 '. Allow to rest.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with the lemon juice with a hand whisk.
- Take a large spoonful of the soup and gradually pour it into the bowl, whisking constantly.
- Remove from the heat and add pepper and a little more lemon if needed.
For an updated version of the traditional fish soup, skip the avgolemono and blend all ingredients together to a creamy consistency. • Decorate with a celery leaf.
Cod is a lean fish, a source of phosphorus, niacin and vitamin B12.
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 1 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Greek recipes in english