Mushrooms are used as a meat substitute in this vegetarian dish, resulting in a delicious and healthy fricassee, suitable even for those mindful of their cholesterol level. Another special recipe is fried mushrooms.
Published on June 30, 2020 | By panos panos |
- Έτοιμο σε:
- 00h 40m
- 1/2 kg mushrooms
- 3 bunches of spring onions
- 200 gr. lettuce, endives, celery or spinach coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. chopped dill
- 2 tbsp. parsley
- 1/2 cup water or vegetable broth
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- lemon juice
- salt-freshly ground pepper
- Clean the mushrooms with a damp cloth and wipe them well with kitchen paper. Cut them into pieces.
- Wash the onions and lettuce well and chop.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onions with the olive oil until they wither. Add the mushrooms and sauté until they release their liquids and allow most of them evaporate.
- Add the lettuce, dill, parsley, salt, pepper and a cup of hot water or vegetable broth.
- Cover and simmer for 10΄ -15΄ to soften the vegetables until a little juice remains.
- Remove from the heat.
- Beat the egg whites with the lemon. Add a little hot liquid from the vegetables a tablespoon at a time and whisk well.. Pour the avgolemono into the pan. Shake the pan in a circular movement to spread the avgolemono evenly over the vegetables.
Avgolemono is made using only egg whites in order to avoid the cholesterol contained in the yolk.
- Μερίδες: 4
- Έτοιμο σε: 40 Λεπτά
- Είδος Συνταγής: Greek recipes in english