This potato salad with olive oil and fresh herbs is light, tasty and aromatic. We season it with herbs such as parsley, dill and coriander. Potato salad is a perfect accompaniment to meat or fish. Besides potato salad, there are other salads to accompany food you might want to try such as babaganoush.
Potato salad with olive oil and fresh herbs
Published on 31/05/2020 | By filitsa |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Ready in :
- 00h 25m
- 6 medium potatoes
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp. coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 tbsp. red dry chillies, chopped
- 2 tbsp. turmeric
- juice from a lime
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander
- 1/2 cup chopped dill
- salt and pepper
- Peel the potatoes, cut them in half and put them in a large pot with enough water to cover them. Add a little salt. Boil them for 10΄ They will be firm.
- Drain the potatoes and let them cool a bit. Cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Saute the garlic, chilli and coriander seeds. Let them cook 2΄-3΄ and then add the turmeric and lime juice.
- Add the potatoes and shake the pot so that they are well mixed to covered in spices. Add half the coriander, parsley and dill.
- Cook for 4΄ more and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from the heat and add the remaining fresh herbs.
- The potato salad is served hot or at room temperature.
For more flavour, add a little grated feta, cream cheese or unsalted mizithra.
When potatoes are cooked at a high temperature e.g. When they are fried, a carcinogenic substance, acrylamide, is released. This does not happen when they are boiled.
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 25 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Greek recipes in english