A meat soup with vegetables is ideal during the winter months. This recipe is light, without unnecessary fats. Rich in vegetables that contain vitamins and fiber. It is made with avgolemono and plenty of freshly ground pepper. Another winter soup we recommend is chicken breast soup.
Traditional winter meat soup with vegetables
- Έτοιμο σε:
- 01h 35m
- 800 gr. beef shank
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 organic vegetable cube
- 2 potatoes in cubes
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 leeks, the white part sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 1 piece of celery root in cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 tbsp. Carolina rice
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- 2 egg yolks
- juice of 1 lemon
- Rinse the meat under cold water and cut it into small pieces.
- Put the meat in a pressure cooker and add water to cover it well. Bring to a boil and remove the scum. Let it stew for 10΄ and continue to skim.
- Then add the olive oil and the vegetable cube and cover the pressure cooker. When the cooker starts to whistle, lower the heat. Let it simmer for 40΄.
- While the meat is stewing, chop the vegetables.
- When the 40’ of simmering is over, remove the cookerfrom the heat. Release the steam and then add the vegetables, the rice and 700 gr. hot water.
- Put the cooker back on medium heat and let the vegetables boil with the meat for about 45΄.
- Beat the yolks with the lemon juice. Remove the meat soup from the heat, take a spoonful of the hot broth and whisk it with the avgolemono. Then gradually add this to the meat soup.
If a pressure cooker is not used, then the meat must be boiled for 90΄.
2 small carrots have 41 calories. Carrots provide fiber and carbohydrates. They have a glycemic index of 16 to 60, low when eaten raw, higher when cooked and slightly higher when pureed.
- Μερίδες: 4
- Έτοιμο σε: 95 Λεπτά
- Είδος Συνταγής: Greek recipes in english